In order to shape and inform the development of effective alcohol policy, the Foundation for Alcohol Research & Education makes submissions to a range of Commonwealth, State and Territory government inquiries.
- Submission to the inquiry into effective approaches to prevention, diagnosis and support for Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
06/12/2019People often underestimate the risk of harm from drinking alcohol during pregnancy, including miscarriage, stillbirth and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD). FARE’s submission provides a way forward in the prevention of harm caused by FASD.
- FARE response: Liquor & Gaming NSW consultation on same-day alcohol delivery
06/11/2019Market innovation for convenience is not a valid reason to allow alcohol companies to target vulnerable people via online alcohol sales and delivery.
- Productivity Commission Issues Paper: The Social and Economic Benefits of Improving Mental Health
07/06/2019FARE’s submission to the Productivity Commission inquiry into Mental Health and response to the Issues Paper on the Social and Economic Benefits of Improving Mental Health.
- PAAC-FARE submission to the Exposure draft for the NT Liquor Bill 2019
23/05/2019Alcohol reforms in the Northern Territory (NT) have included a rewrite of the Northern Territory of Australia Liquor Act 1978 (the Act).
- Joint submission on the ACCC Digital Platforms Inquiry
06/03/2019Vulnerable groups, including children, are the object of direct alcohol marketing in the booming digital ecosystem, and the dire lack of regulation and transparency of digital platforms makes this a lucrative space for alcohol companies to recruit drinkers.