Director of CAPR
The Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education (FARE) and La Trobe University are seeking a distinguished scholar for the role of Director of the Centre for Alcohol Policy Research (CAPR).
CAPR is a world class multidisciplinary research facility that operates at the forefront of informed alcohol policy development and in collaboration with the Foundation for Alcohol Research and Education (FARE), an independent charitable organisation. CAPR’s work includes quantitative and qualitative studies, and is concerned with both the sociocultural construction and definition of drinking and its problems and the empirical measurement of consumption patterns and problems from alcohol use.
In addition to the leadership and management of the Centre, the new Director will be expected to:
- undertake research into alcohol consumption, harms and their social, cultural, economic and environmental context, and policy and program responses
- lead and coordinate a research agenda for world class population health and alcohol policy research
- contribute evidence from research to the development of harm-reducing alcohol policy in Australia and internationally
- work collaboratively with FARE to promote and translate research
- contribute to education and training of the next generation of highly skilled alcohol policy academic leaders
- contribute to developing and coordinating a national alcohol policy research network to promote alcohol policy research.
Reporting to the Head of the School of Psychology and Public Health within the College of Science, Health and Engineering (SHE) the Director of CAPR has a strong relationship with the Department of Public Health at La Trobe University.
The role is a full-time, fixed term, renewable role for five years and is offered in conjunction with a continuing appointment at the level of full professor (Level E) in the Department of Public Health. CAPR is based at La Trobe University’s Franklin Street campus in Melbourne.
For full information and a confidential discussion, please contact Dr Dennis Feeney at email@example.com or by telephone +61 2 8905 3722.
Applications should be sent directly to Dr Feeney by close of business Friday 23 September 2016.
Stay up to date
If you are not already receiving our newsletters, you can join our mailing list to subscribe to weekly email updates. You can also subscribe to our social media channels: